You have proabably seen the short little video showing off a prototype of what Evl is calling the EVL Alien, but if you haven’t, here it is. I will also note that it’s short, but very creative.
The video of the upcoming EVL Alien popped up yesterday and I was intrigued immediately. I joined the EVL group and contacted John Heywood for permission to share this project.
I have never owned any of their products, but I have heard great things. I started to research a bit and in the comments for this video, John said, “Imagine a rectangular Reaper”. The EVL Reaper is a 22mm RTA with adjustable airflow. You can get more information about the EVL Reaper v3 on their website. Also in the comments, this is definitely an RBA.
It looks similar to the design of the VapeSnail. It looks like there could be adjustable airflow at the top of the chimney and the fill port is towards the bottom. I will get more info about capacity, but it looks like it might be around the same as any other Boro with an RBA inside. The bottom section of the EVL Alien comes almost to the bottom of the Boro cavity on a Billet Box, so this is going to be another that is going to be a super tight draw in a Delro or other device using front airflow, but on the Billet Box, it should be nice and airy with the side airflow.
There will be more info and specs released in the coming days and I will update this post accordingly. From what I understand, some reviewers will be getting their hands on models soon, so even more information will be known. I have my favorites, but it’s always great to see new innovations and choices for the Boro world. The EVL Alien looks to be something worth looking at for sure! I will try to get my hands on one!
Update 1: More information has been made available this morning. No details on pricing or launch date yet, but here are the specs. Optional Ultem! Love it.
- Reaper Style Deck
- Airflow: 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm.
- 4ml Tank Capacity
- Polycarbonate Tank
- 510 Build adapter
- Full Stainless Steel Construction
- Peek Insulators
- Optional Ultem Tank
- Spares pack with all seals
- EVL Muji filled tin
Update 2: Review units are getting into hands of reviewers.
Mark Todd of Todd’s Reviews (left): He has his set up in a Billet Box, but also tried it in a Delro 60 and reports what I was afraid of, “Door off on Delro, no problem, door on and airflow is heavily reduced, same as the snail I’m afraid”.
Rob Stobbs (right): “Very similar (to the VapeSnail) in many respects, but for me…. and we’re all different of course…. The EVL has it on flavour production… but they are close“
Mark Todd’s Unboxing Notes
My Notes from the unboxing:
- The unit is packaged in a tin of Muji Cotton.
- The unit comes with 510 adapter preinstalled.
- Airflow controlled with inserts that are screwed into the airflow hole on the side of the unit.
- The deck is beautiful. The photo above of the coil position might be a little high, but chimney looks very accommodating.
- The juice comes down into deck through 4 holes on the 4 corners of the chimney.
- Chimney screws out from the top. I assume for cleaning.
- Very tight fit in a Billet Box.
- Fill hole at the bottom of the tank section.
- Delro 60 airflow not going to be adequate unless MTL, maybe.
- Can’t use too much cotton.
This unboxing was done in The Shed group, Todd’s group.
More info added when available.