General Info About the Billet Box Drops
Billet Box Drops are typically ONLY on Saturday mornings:
Billet Box Vapor Inc. announces their colors, almost religiously, (the Friday before the drop) via their Facebook page so you can get ready the next morning!
Visit their website and be quick. These things sell faster than you can imagine! Usually, drops are sold out within 5min… but don’t be discouraged! Even seasoned collectors routinely strikeout.
You can typically see the colors available on the site, prior to when the drop becomes available…but this is not always foolproof!
Keep in mind:
- Not all colors/button combos drop in each batch
- Accessories are launched similarly
Here are some general tips to help you with the drop. Some of these are covered in the video below as well.
- Know what you want before the drop. Visit Billet Box’s Facebook page Friday evening to learn what colors are going to be available. They normally only announce the colors, not the “name” of the box. I typically share their post in my group with translations of color to box names shortly after the official announcement. You can also visit the database of models here since they don’t normally put the boxes up until shortly before the drop or right at the drop time. Knowing what you’re going after will help at drop time.
- Make sure to register an account before the drop and make sure you are logged in prior to the drop.
- Make sure to go to your account and make sure your address or addresses are updated. Make sure your credit card address and address on file are the same or you will likely get declined.
- Make sure to pre-verify on the Billet Box Website before the drop. If you’ve never used Authorize.net or you’ve moved in the last 6 months, you might get popped for providing an ID to verify you. If this happens during the drop, you’re not gonna hit. So do way before the drop, preferably days before.
- Have autofill enabled in your browser, including your preferred credit card. This will save lots of time on the drop and could be the difference between hitting the model you want and not. Google Chrome is great for this. I never use a phone on drops, but I hear it’s quite doable and Chrome (Android) and Safari (iOS) offers the same autofill advantages as PC browsers.
- If you can afford it, go for the more expensive button configurations. The cheaper $264 models normally sell out before the MOP/Paua buttons versions ($299).
- New colors are more desirable and sell out faster in most cases. Go for other colors if you’re not super fast already.
- These buttons configs will cost $264 – Black Delrin (example), Fisheye Ultem (F-U) (example), and Red Delrin – (example)
- These buttons configs will cost $274 – 304 Stainless Steel (example) and 464 Naval Brass (VERY RARE) (example)
- These buttons configs will cost around $299 – Abalone (example), Mother of Pearl (MoP) (example), Gold/Yellow Mother of Pearl (MOP) (example), and Black Mother of Pearl B.M.O.P. – (example)
- Practice. Do dry runs before the drop with accessories. Get up to the “Pay for Order”, clear cart, and practice some more.
- If you need any accessories, grab some on a dry run if you’ve never ordered before just to get used to it and make sure your account, credit card, etc are all good to go.
- Remember, the drops almost ALWAYS happen right at the time listed above. If you show up early and they show out of stock, don’t get discouraged, you’re early. If you show up 5 minutes late… they are probably gone. Occasionally, Billet Box will run late, but it’s not often. They will normally announce any issues on their Facebook page if there are any.
The video below gives some tips, explains how to create an account, walks you through orders, and more. If you want to skip ahead to an actual order process, albeit slower than it sometimes would take (24 seconds), click here to view it at that point on YouTube. You can also click here to view on YouTube from the start or just watch it below.
Billet Box Drop Walk Through
Before we get started
Ideally, it helps to have made a purchase before. That way you’ve got all the information that you need to coast right through the check-out with ease already in their system. It may even be worth buying a cheap accessory during the week to get set up. You want your account to have your BILLING and SHIPPING address already in place. It’s a lot faster to check out if your Billing and Shipping address is the same as it eliminates one step in the process of checking out. YOUR BILLING ADDRESS MUST MATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD OR IT WILL LIKELY DECLINE. If your card gets declined, you almost certainly fail that week. There’s no time for mess-ups.
Make sure you are logged in.
Make sure you are logged in to their website before the drop. In addition to being logged in, this method only really works if you are already logged in and if you’ve purchased before.
Find the Billet Box that you want to score!
The next step after logging on is to find what you want to buy. In the screenshot above, you can see where the add to cart button is. That is where you want your mouse to be hovering near as you’re hitting F5 prior to the drop starting time. If you can refresh (F5) and keep near the “Add to Cart” button, that will cut out the time to get started at the check-out. As soon as the drop is live and the “Add to Cart” button is there, press it and the following will pop up.
Check Out (FAST)
When you hit the “Add to Cart” button, it will take you to the screen above (note that the example has the RPM bridge rather than a Billet). On this screen, hurry up and hit “Proceed to Checkout”.
Here’s where it helps to have your billing and shipping address the same to avoid another step, albeit short. If your addresses are already in their system, the addresses are in a drop menu and you’re ready to hit “Bill & Ship to the Address” and the screen will take you to the next section.
Now you will see the shipping choices and continue button. You really only need to click on continue with speed!
Next, you’ll need to check the box that you agree to the terms and conditions and then click “Verify Age & Continue. Age Verification is relatively new and everyone has to go through it.
Age Verification is a new step. Don’t worry, everyone has to do it. Make sure to have this pre-verified to ensure there are no issues and saved in your browser so it all auto-fills.
Here’s where using a browser like Google Chrome really helps out. I have a couple of my credit cards already saved in the browser and this step can go super fast. All I do is place my mouse in the credit card number section and my credit cards pop up. Select the one you want and a window will pop up to enter your CCV.
Enter your CCV number and boom, your credit card info is entered automatically.
BOOM! That’s it, pay for the order and you’re done. This can literally be done in 10-15 seconds if you’re fast and the internet speed is sufficient.
You Score a Billet Box!
Other Billet Box Drop Information
After you score, head to our Facebook page or our Facebook group and let us know! I personally love to know that this guide has helped people and I love to see new owners finally score and not have to rely on buying second hand, possibly paying flipper prices, or even worse… getting scammed.
If you’ve read this far, you really want to score a Billet Box! I wish you luck and thanks for checking out the website!