I was not around for any of the Billet Box changes over the years, but I wanted to know how we got to where we are so I have scoured the internet, mostly ECF and Billet Box Vapor’s own blog, to piece together this timeline detailing the Billet Box History! If you see anything that is wrong or if you have any suggestions, feel free to contact me. Hat tip to Vape.Junkrares for some of the early history in a document I was given.
Billet Box History
After a year of designing, prototyping and testing, I am happy to finally lift the curtain on my latest E-vaporizer. Introducing (gasps of excitement and giddiness) the Billet Box.
- Raw Polished Aluminum Body
- Delrin Button
- Spring Loaded Ground-Activated Switch
- Sliding Aluminum Tank Panel w/ Spring Loaded Bearing Closure
- Front & Back Laminated Carbon Fiber Applique
- 6.5ml PETG-Faced Tank w/ Spring Loaded Valve
- Accepts 510 35mm Cartos
- Accepts 510 Drip Tips
- 2x 16340 3.7v Batteries (Wired in Series)
- Potentiometer Analog Variable Voltage (4 – 5.5v)\
- RRP $179
Rev 3 Introduced
Upgraded Transistor-Activated Switch
Media-Blasted Aluminum Body
After months of testing and re-tooling, our first production anodized run was a success, Rev 3.a has a bead blasted, bright dipped anodized surface with a few advantages to our prior raw polished aluminum BB.
Between our clear anodized batches we are going to start doing runs of Bright Dip Colored Billet Boxes!!!
As far as I can tell, this is the order that colors were launched:
Clear – original
Kurbis (Orange) – Jun 14, 2014
Rat (Black) – Jul 5, 2014
RPG (Royal Purple Grey) – Jul 19, 2014
Fawkes (Red) – Aug 1, 2014
Unicorn Poo (Purple/Pink) – Sep 5, 2014
RNB (Royal Navy Blue) & TMNBB (Green) Released Same day – Sep 13, 2014
I was not able to confirm when Dober, Nugget, or BX was released.
This partnership will see them stocking the BilletBox in Europe, and us stocking the Billet Bridge here in the USA.
After months of prototyping, months testing, followed by months of retooling, the Billet Box Rev.4 is about ready to go and play in the wild.
This update changed the doors from the sliding door to the magnetic doors, made from G10 and most importantly, introduced the DNA chip to the Billet Box, starting with the DNA 40. The small batteries were replaced with a single 18650 and the Boro tank was redesigned.
Rev 4a 25w
We will offer the Rev.4 primarily with the DNA 40 but will also have model with the 25 for those that need to watch there spending. Both will support temp sensing coils. The 25 model won’t be out for launch but will come about a month later.
Happy Chinese New Year – Year of the Dog 4716
New Logo and Engraving
Barbara 20/20 Billet Box
- BXPoo – BX with Unicorn Inners
- UniBlues – Unicorn Poo with BX Inners
- Budgie – TMNBB with Nugget Inners and a GOLD MOP Button like the Fashion Nugget
- Oasis – Nugget with TMNBB Inners and a GOLD MOP Button like the Fashion Nugget
- Dobis – Dober with Kurbis Inners
- Kurber – Kurbis with Dober Inners
- Mephisto – Fawkes with Rat black inners
- Ratfire – Rat with Fawkes inners
- Eclipse – RPG with Dober inners and a new button type, a BLACK MOP.
- Ferrigno – TMNBB with Unicorn Poo Innners
I can’t tell you why, but the reason Billet Box Vapor gave publicly is “Just cause it’s fun”.
The End of Anodizing
Dumpster Fire (RIP 2020)
Billet Box Vapor will no longer offer Billet Boxes with anodizing. They moved to Cerakoting and they have brought the process in house.
The 1st 2 colors they are releasing will be White and Chameleon.
Billet Box Vapor Dropped 2 new colors in their new Cerakote finishes, Blanca and Chameleon.